A market leading footwear manufacturer is looking to recruit an experienced Strategic Account Manager to expand their European sales in the automotive sector.
The company have secured several significant opportunities (initially in Spain) for growth in this market and the Strategic Account Manager will be required to develop multi-tier relationships with key account stakeholders to ensure they are the preferred supplier choice within each site across Europe.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Strategic Account Manager will be a natural leader and relationship builder, who is proactive, driven and has demonstrable experience of achieving sales growth outside of the UK.
Key Responsibilities of the Strategic Account Manager:
- Identify and deliver sales growth for Key End-User Accounts within the EU
- Build an in‐depth understanding of Major EU account customers in order to match appropriate offerings and develop mutually beneficial solutions
- End-user specification activity via Health & Safety Managers and Occupational Health
- Develop relationships with multiple key stakeholders within each End-User on a multiple site level (H&S, Purchasing, Unions etc)
- Conduct End-user footwear audits and log results – Focusing on risk identification and specification via H&S
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline from opportunity identification and specification, through to order placement – Logging anticipated revenue generated each month through the current fiscal year
- Compile strategic account plans to ensure delivery of anticipated sales growth within key target End-Users
- Tenacious follow-up activity to ensure effective sales pipeline management and close sales opportunities
Requirements of the Strategic Account Manager:
- Previous experience and success of selling within EU markets
- Highly driven, self-starter who needs minimal guidance to achieve success
- A results-driven, strategic thinker with a consultative sales approach
- Previous experience of key / major account management
- Previous experience of product specification via H&S Managers and current H&S legislation (ideally in the Automotive industry)
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Ideally fluent or conversational Spanish
- Proven ability to exceed targets
- Proven field-based sales experience securing business through direct end-user engagement
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Skilled in high value negotiation and closing deals
Thank you for showing an interest in the opportunity.