We are looking for a Key Account Manager for a leading PPE Footwear Company.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Key Account Manager will be responsible for actively managing and growing sales via the distribution channel within the territory. This involves stakeholder engagement at every level within their business and generating pull through sales via distributor generated leads.
The Key Account Manager will work remotely and cover the Midlands region.
Key Responsibilities of the Key Account Manager:
- Build long standing relationships with customers to drive relationships, repeat business and maximise profit
- Challenge buying habits & make profit enhancement decisions with existing Key Account clients
- Gap and product mix analysis to identify sales opportunities and generate growth
- Develop a sales pipeline from opportunity identification and Specification through to order placement
- Compile and execute strategic account plans to ensure delivery of anticipated sales growth
- Strategic approach to planning and territory management, utilising available reporting to support own activity and objectives
- Conduct End-user footwear trials – Focusing on risk identification and Specification via H&S
- Tenacious follow-up activity to ensure effective sales pipeline management and close sales opportunities
- Develop and support key distributors, which includes Merchants, through targeted sales activity
- Organise and deliver distributor training sessions
- Attend distributor trade shows to promote the company’s range of products
Requirements of the Key Account Manager:
- Previous experience and success of increasing sales in a field-based role
- Highly driven, self-starter who needs minimal guidance to achieve success
- A results-driven, strategic thinker with a consultative sales approach
- Previous experience of key / major account management
- Previous experience of product specification via H&S Managers and current H&S legislation
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to exceed targets
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Skilled in high value negotiation and closing deals
We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates. Due to the high number of applicants received for our job postings, we will not be able to provide individual feedback at the initial stage of the selection process.
Should you be selected for interview (either phone or face to face), once this has been concluded a decision either way has been reached, we will provide you with considered feedback.
Thank you for showing an interest in the opportunity.